- Lay a piece of baking paper over a shallow baking tray and rub the upper surface of the paper with butter.
- Put the sugar in a sauce pan and melt until almost all sugar grains are gone.
- Quickly pull of the heat, add butter, salt, and milk and mix to combine.
- Put back on the heat until the mixture has properly caramelized.
- Pour on to the greased paper and place in the freezer to harden.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt chocolate and butter until combined.
- Add sugar, eggs, flour, and salt.
- Pour into a linden baking sheet, and scatter caramel shards atop.
- Bake for 20-25min.
Credit: A Modern Way to Eat – Anna Jones